About Us

The History of Calvary Baptist Church

“Celebrating Christ for over a Century”

1901- CBC was founded with its original name of Fisher Memorial Baptist Church.

1950- The original church building was lost in a fire.

1950- A dedication service for the new church building was held, and the church was renamed Calvary Baptist Church on August 25.

1964- A dedication service was held for the new educational wing.
1972- The land at the present church site was purchased.
1975- Groundbreaking services were held on November 23 at the present church site.
1976- Bethlehem United Methodist Church purchased the previous CBC church building.
1976- The first church service was held in the present church building in what is now the fellowship hall.
1988- The first church service was held in the new sanctuary.
2017- CBC completed Phase 1 of our expansion project.